Thursday 5 June 2014

Driving a 1960's car in the modern world (part 2)

Further to my previous post where I demonstrated the installation of a home made MPH to KPH conversion chart within the instrument cluster, a helpful reader, Heinz Hurgen Licorice, emailed me to tell me about what he had done with his car.

Rather than making your own chart, Heinz advised that it is possible to purchase a relatively inexpensive, authentic looking sticker that can be placed over the existing speedometer converting it for you whilst retaining the original dashboard aesthetic.  The advantage of this is that it will give you an illuminated display of your speed as most vehicles of this era have front lit dials instead of the newer back lit type.

Another advantage of this is that by simply peeling of the sticker, you will be able to return the car to its original state.

Unfortunately I do not have a link to a retailer of these products, only a link to an Ebay page so I would be grateful if anyone who reads would be able to provide details of such a place.




This was the first reader response I have received and it was encouraging to receive such useful information from a fellow enthusiast.  I hope more of you will be inspired to get in contact with "tyrobenz" to help share your experiences.


No comments:

Post a Comment