Saturday 7 June 2014

Transparent Factory


This morning I found myself sitting at my computer in disbelief.  Disbelief at what I had just seen, as well as disbelief that I could not have known about this amazing place which opened in 2002!  Perhaps I am too blinkered to the world of Classic Mercedes Benzes and UGU.

A friend sent me a link to a youtube video showcasing the Volkswagen Transparent factory, I know, I know, not our beloved Mercedes-Benzes, but this has relevance as it is a further example of German innovation on a mind blowing scale.

I am sure there are many of you who will be very aware of the factory, but I am equally sure there are many of you who, like me, will not have seen this before.

I am not going to pretend I know anything about it other than what I have read and seen online, so I will share with you the links I have looked up.

The motor industry has certainly evolved with the rapid developments in technology; does this make the cars of today better?  Well, my answer to that question is answered by the fact that I drive a car that left the factory floor more than a decade before I was born!






   

Hand built quality, surely an inspiration for the VW Transparent Factory

No comments:

Post a Comment