Sunday 1 March 2015

Perth's hidden Land Rover Heaven.

I am still so excited that I can hardly sit still to write this post.

Last weekend I followed up on an advertisement on Gumtree for a "General Garage Sale" which included Land Rover parts.  Having missed that sale, I got in contact with the seller, a lovely guy called Joe, to see if I could come another time. We agreed to meet at 9:30am the following Sunday.  That was today.

I pulled up outside the suburban house and saw a huge pile of wheels and tyres outside, but nothing prepared me for what I found inside the gates!

Joe told me that his dad was a bit of a hoarder and loved Land Rovers.  Having recently passed away, Joe and his brothers were now clearing out the house, so bare in mind the following photographs are after a serious culling had already happened. God knows how excited I would have been if I had had first dibs on the parts.

 Wing skins and storage box covers

 Bonnets, Series through to Defender

 Doors

 Axles, drive shafts and who knows what

 Series 2 Radiator Grille (Yep that is mine, on hold waiting collection)

 Panels and stuff

Transmission covers, sun visors and sills 

 D- Rings, one on top is going on Leif

 SWB side panels and tail gates, oh and a lawn mower, non Land Rover haha

 Windscreens

 Fuel tanks

 I don't know what all is here but some of it is new

 Assorted hoses, new but don't know how old

 Wings and truck cab panels

 Rear tailgate returning to nature sadly, these are hard to find normally

Winches!!

I spent several hours looking through the parts, which must have included at least 10 dismantled Landy's but also brand new, still in packaging bits.  It was amongst that I found my most pleasing purchase; a brand new rear view mirror, complete in it's unopened Rover box!
Brand New, un-opened and mine!!!

There was so much stuff I didn't get to look at half of it, and not knowing what Leif actually is going to need, I didn't snap up any of the axles, prop shafts, bearings, gauges and god knows what else was hidden there.  I have a feeling I will regret that!

So with wifey's Volvo filled to capacity I took home:

Series 2 radiator panel
Two wing skins
Original gear knob still with numbers visible
Transmission tunnel
Front apron
Series 2 side skirts
Dash board cluster surround
Wiper motor cover
Passenger door which is near perfect
Passenger front door top
Rear door handle
D Ring
Rear view mirror
Leif's new parts

Leif didn't actually need some of these parts, but as her paintwork is so rubbish I figured if I could get good panels with a better paint finish then it would be less prep work later.

Anyway, if you are a Series Land Rover owner in Perth and need parts, please get in contact and I will pass on Joe's details.

No comments:

Post a Comment