Tuesday 21 July 2015

Garage Decoration

When I started writing this blog, my intention was to record my automotive learning curve and the amazing people and fellow enthusiasts I met along the way.

Today I met one of those awesome people.

With all the bits and pieces I have been accumulating ready for when I start work on Leif, our house was looking a bit of a mess, so my wife and I (mainly me) decided it would be a good idea to get a tool box to store everything in until it can be used in the garage.

I started looking online and quickly became overwhelmed at the vast range on offer.  I decided to ask others for their opinion and recommendations, so I posted a question in the Western Australia Facebook group "Steel Bumper Car Cruisers WA"; a group where I knew there was a lot of practical hands on people.


Very quickly recommendations came in for me to speak to Cameron North of Tool & Consumable Solutions Australia (TCS Australia) for assistance.



Cameron was awesome.  I told him what I was looking for and my budget and he soon came back with two options for my consideration.  After making my selection I transferred the payment and today, 2 days later, my purchases were dropped off at my house.

Delivery!

After a good chat with Cameron I couldn't wait to open my boxes and check out my new purchase, the first tool box I have ever owned!

 Sporty wheels, and we all know red goes faster

 Some simple assembly and hey presto....

...so excited!!!!  
(There is a handle to go on the side but I don't need it to be fitted at the moment)

I was really impressed with the solidness and weight of the unit, but it was the spring loaded latch on each drawer to stop them flying open that made me smile the most.

Each drawer has a lock to stop them flying open, in addition to the key lock.

It will be at least 6 months before my garage is finished, so in the mean time it will sit in my house and store my stuff.

 Socket set fits beautifully within the lower section

A new home for my manuals and restored Land Rover badges for Leif

Thanks to those who got me in contact with TCS, and thanks to Cam; you certainly put a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment