Saturday 25 April 2015

I consider myself a saviour, others might say I'm a hoarder

Oh my god, I think I have a problem. I am addicted to old cars and rusty junk!

Earlier in the week I got a text message from Joe, the chap I have been to see twice already to buy some of the Land Rover parts that his late father had accumulated over many years.  Joe told me that everything they had needed to go, or it was destined for the bin as the house was to be sold.


Now, if there is one thing I hate it is wastage. Wastage of vintage car parts is therefore very high on my list.

Today I went back for one last look to see what I could save. Sadly I couldn't take it all, but I was relieved to see that some of the stuff I had seen on my previous visits had gone.

I spent two hours going through everything, no box was left unopened and I am thrilled to say I still managed to find some awesome stuff, including a dirty, but near perfect Series 1 drivers door top!!!  Where on earth would you find one of them now?


Series 1 Door Top, this must be over 60 years old!

For this last trip I planned ahead and arranged for a man with a ute to help me pick up what I intended to buy as my wife's Volvo S40 has a very small boot opening.

The "Man with a ute" was called John; I found his services on Gumtree and I could not recommend him highly enough.  He was punctual, affordable and just seemed a really decent guy. If you ever need help to move some stuff and don't have a ute on hand give John a call (0411 561 222) based in Osborne Park.

A "Man with a ute", and some Land Rover parts haha

The Volvo's boot opening may be small but that didn't stop me getting a lot of stuff in there

I still have to go through the things that I bought to clean, sort and photograph, but here are some photos.  What I do know is I have a box full of new, unused indicator, side light and brake light lenses, a Series 1 & a Series 2 Grille, headlights, fenders, 2 bonnets, about 10 discovery spare wheel covers, some door handles, 2 external sun-visors, a spare windscreen which still has its Lucas wiper motor, another 10 or so rear view mirrors, a tailgate and a SWB interior spare wheel fixing point.  Most of this stuff is available for sale, so if you see anything of interest please get in touch.  

I couldn't bare to see it go to landfill, so I bought it to help other enthusiasts.

 I am not joking when I say this box is full of lenses, many still in their original packaging!

 Series 1 Grille

 Series 2 Grille

Series 3 Radiator Panel

 Series 2 or 2A Wings

 Door Handles

 Glass fuel filter housings

 SWB interior spare wheel carrier

 Front flap and lever

 External Sun-Visors

 Spare Wheel covers, some silver, some white

 I just loved the look of this small Jerry can.  I might spray it with clear coat

 Serie 2 or 3 tailgate

 Lucas wiper motor still attached to windscreen, wonder if it works

 Windscreen with glass in excellent condition.  I was amazed how heavy this thing is!

 Series 2 or Series 3 bonnet, flat edge, not deluxe type

Headlight, buckets and surrounds




No comments:

Post a Comment